Get both the Online SubSkills™ Substitute Teacher Training and the Substitute Teacher Handbook 9th Edition!
This essential 8-10 hour training course for current or prospective substitute teachers contains videos, downloads, examples, and strategies! The SubSkills course provides the most in-depth training for substitute teachers.
- Register for the online course.
- Get started.
- We will mail you the Substitute Teacher Handbook.
- Complete the training online and with the book at your own pace. It takes 8 to 10 hours to complete. We recommend you spend 30 to 60 minutes per training session.
- After you complete the course, take the SubAssessment test.You have four attempts to get an 85% or higher, unless otherwise specified by your school district. You will take the SubAssessment online and receive a score.
- After you pass, you will earn your SubDiploma.
- Give this diploma to your district.
- Get offered a job.
- SubEssentialsTM Video: a 25-minute video to orient new substitute
- SubSkillsTM lessons: classroom management; teaching strategies; the professional substitute teacher; special education; other things you should know; fill-in activities with over 70 filler activities.
- Substitute Teacher Handbook 9th Edition: Classroom Management, Teaching Strategies, The Professional Substitute Teacher, Special Education, Orientation and Legal Issues, Fill-in activities you can copy and print.
- SubAssessmentTM : an online test to determine your understanding of the skills presented in the SubSkills Online Training Course. A passing grade is 85 or higher.
- SubDiplomaTM : a printable course-completion certificate in PDF format. When you pass the SubAssessment and earn your SubDiploma, make sure to add it to your resume and let your school district know of your academic accomplishment.